Technology and Innovation are at the heart of our telecommunications business. Our dedicated graduate scheme will give you the opportunity to develop your core functional and technical skills in the area as well as cultivating your future leadership credentials.
Our Technology and Innovation division is committed to delivering transformational products and services that will help improve the digital lives of our customers. Over two years you’ll undertake four six-month rotations across departments so you can experience the different facets of our finely-tuned operation, while gaining a wider understanding of the business and contributing towards our unrivalled success.
You will have the opportunity to gain detailed engineering skills and a deep understanding of a wide range of business areas covering TV, broadband, mobile and fixed voice communications. And, working with our operating company Virgin Media, there may even be an opportunity to be involved in Project Lightning – which is currently revolutionizing the UK’s digital infrastructure with the country’s fastest available broadband speed!
Our visionary scope includes, but is not limited to:
- Product Development
- Delivery and Project Management
- Technology Architecture and Testing
- Access Network & Operation
- Core Network & Operations
- Mobile Network & Operations
- Supply Chain
- Capital and Performance Management
- Video Engineering
- Capacity Planning
- Customer Equipment
It’s most likely that you’ll be based in Amsterdam, although there are also potential opportunities to experience exciting international locations such as Reading and Birmingham in the UK! So, our graduates should be willing to travel and relocate according to the demands of the business – and speak fluent English.
We want graduates who are curious and creative free-thinkers, with the confidence to share their thoughts and even challenge the ways we work. Essentially, you:
- should have a 2.1 (or equivalent) or above degree in any discipline, although a STEM based degree such as Engineering, Computing or Science would be useful.
- should be natural leader capable of collaborating with others and coming up with ideas that will inspire and influence our senior leaders. Ultimately, you’ll be shaping the future of our business as well as your leadership career.
We’re also committed to caring for your continued career development. So we’ll help you achieve professional registration with IEng to become a chartered engineer if desired.